Our Heavy Industrial Maintenance Program is to give you an all-immersive dive into the plant maintenance techniques. We have set our standards higher and look to equip you with the skills for success. If you are looking for our most in-depth course, then this is the class for you. You can expect us to provide:
- Standard welding equipment (welding hood, 1 pair of welding gloves and chipping hammer) included.
- OSHA authorized safety training.
- Course focus to prepare students for positions in entry-level maintenance programs, basic fabrication skills, and 3G structural plate test.
- Guided exercise in blueprint reading and dictation.
- Practice and principles of use for welding in all positions (SMAW process) using 7018 and 6010 rod.
- Guided exercises for welding all positions, overhead, vertical and horizontal.
- Guided exercises for safe and efficient use of standard shop fabrication equipment such as drill presses, plate benders, punches, rolling equipment and automated torch equipment.
- Guided exercises for the fabrication of steel assemblies such as handrail, piping, boxes, and frames.
- Guided exercises for the layout of steel shapes using tools such as squares, levels, laser levels, transfer punches, and tape measures.
- Guided exercise for shop and field rigging techniques.
- Safe use and guidance with Oxy-Acetylene torch, including cut practice, bevel preparation, and scarfing skills.
- Safe use and guidance using Plasma cutting equipment and arc gouging.
- Theory and practical training in moving mechanical components and repair.
- Guided exercises for conveyor systems repair, including drive units, rough alignments, bearing replacements and repair methods.
- Guided exercise for overhead crane, rigging and mobile equipment, including, forklift and Manlift operation.
Student Resources provided for Maintenance course.
- Affordable payment plan and flexibility (pay as you go.)
- Steel material and tooling provided
- Placement of individuals that have completed ACA’s maintenance program with Corporate partners to fulfill their internship requirement
- Job placement assistance.
- Possibility for a paid internship (due to availability.)
- Flexibility with regards to the class schedule. (student must attend at least 20 hours per week.)
Classes beginning June 1st with new seats available every 8 to 9 months. Seating is limited to 10 persons on a first come, first served basis (reservations required.)