Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW) and Steel Fabrication Practices
- Standard welding equipment (welding hood, 1 pair of welding gloves and chipping hammer) included.
- OSHA authorized safety training.
- Course focus to prepare students for positions in shop fabrication 3G structural weld test.
- Guided exercise in blueprint reading and dictation.
- Practice and principles of use for welding in all positions with 70 series and shielded wires.
- Guided exercises for welding all positions, overhead, vertical and horizontal.
- Guided exercises for safe and efficient use of standard shop fabrication equipment such as drill presses, plate benders, punches, rolling equipment, and automated torch equipment.
- Guided exercises for the fabrication of steel assemblies such as handrail, piping, boxes, and frames.
- Guided exercises for the layout of steel shapes using tools such as squares, levels, laser levels, transfer punches, and tape measures
- Safe use and guidance with Oxy-Acetylene torch, including cut practice, bevel preparation, and scarfing skills.
- Upon completion of the course and 3G structural test, the student will receive ACA certificate of completion.
Student Resources provided each course.
- Affordable payment plan and flexibility (pay as you go.)
- Steel material and tooling provided
- Job placement assistance.
- Possibility for a paid internship (due to availability.)
- Flexibility with regards to the class schedule. (student must attend at least 20 hours per week.)
Classes beginning June 1st with new seats available every 5 to 7 months. Seating is limited to 10 persons on a first come, first served basis (reservations required.)