Shielded Metal Arc Welding Course (SMAW) with Oxy-Acetylene Torch Basics
- Standard welding equipment (welding hood, 1 pair of welding gloves and chipping hammer) included.
- OSHA authorized safety training.
- Course focus to prepare students for positions in shop fabrication 3G structural plate test.
- Practice and principles of use for welding in all positions with 70 series and shielded wires.
- Guided exercises for welding all positions, overhead, vertical and horizontal.
- Safe use and guidance with Oxy-Acetylene torch, including cut practice, bevel preparation, and scarfing skills.
- Upon completion of the course and 3G structural test, the student will receive an ACA certificate of completion.
Student Resources provided each course.
- Affordable payment plan and flexibility (pay as you go.)
- Steel material and tooling provided
- Job placement assistance.
- Possibility for a paid internship (due to availability.)
- Flexibility with regards to the class schedule. (student must attend at least 20 hours per week.)
Classes beginning June 1st with new seats available every 5 to 7 months. Seating is limited to 10 persons on a first come, first served basis (reservations required.)